Terms and Conditions
- By accessing and using any of the datasets distributed by ReefBase, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to comply with the terms and conditions specified on this page. ReefBase may amend these terms and conditions at any time. Your continued use of this data constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated at the time of your use. You should contact ReefBase to determine the current terms and conditions to which you are bound.
- You may use these datasets for non-commercial purposes, including research, education, presentations, and non-commercial publications. You understand and agree that you may not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works for other purposes, without prior, written authorization from the ReefBase Project Leader. When using or publishing any parts of these datasets, proper acknowledgement of ReefBase and original source(s), is required.
- ReefBase makes reasonable efforts to provide accurate data and information through its Web site, database, and other channels. Nevertheless, you understand and agree that ReefBase shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any use of, or inability to use, this data, or resulting form any errors or omissions in the data content.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the information, interpretations, and conclusions expressed on the ReefBase Web site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of the ReefBase Project or the WorldFish Center.
- As a condition of use of the ReefBase Web site, the user agrees to indemnify the ReefBase Project, the WorldFish Center and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses arising out the user's use of this site. If the user is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of the terms and conditions of use of this Site, the user's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
- The ReefBase Web site contains links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the ReefBase Project and the ReefBase Project is not responsible for the contents and/or privacy policies of any of the linked sites or any link contained in a linked site. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the ReefBase Project.
- ReefBase collects personal information when you register, when you visit the ReefBase website and when you contact us via email. When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, occupation, and your educational/professional background.
- ReefBase does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested (such as our E-Newsletter), when we have your permission (as specified by the user during the registration process). Users can request and/or make changes to, and/or deactivate all their User Registration Information by using the tools on the Web site available after login.
- ReefBase automatically records information on its server logs from the user's browser, including IP address, ReefBase cookie information, the page(s) requested, and files downloaded. ReefBase uses this information to customize the content the user sees, fulfill the user's requests for products and services, improve its services, contact the user, conduct analysis and research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external purposes.